Lunar New Year Festival
*The event has already taken place on this date: Sat, 02/17/2024
Please help us keep this calendar up to date! If this activity is sold out, canceled, or otherwise needs alteration, email email@example.com so we can update it immediately. If you have a question about the activity itself, please contact the organization administrator listed below.
What is the Chinese/Lunar New Year? In China and ethnic communities worldwide, the Lunar New Year is the most important and festive holiday of the year. Through centuries of China’s rural tradition, this was the one period when farmers could rest from their work in the fields. Family members from near and far would travel to be with loved ones in time to usher out the old year and welcome in the new with a great celebratory flourish.
Let's celebrate the New Year with music, dance, crafts, and community!
We will have the following:
- Dragon Crafts!
- Supplies are provided while supplies last!
- Get your name written in Mandarin!
- Chinese Tea Station
- Warm up with a hot cup of tea
- Bearded Dragon meet & greet
- 11 a.m. to 1 p.m.
- Photo op only from 11 to 12 p.m.
- Dance and musical performances
- Tea Ceremony and Harp at 10:45 & 11:15 a.m.
- Dragon Dance at 11:30 a.m.
- JPS Dance school at 12:15 p.m.
- New Year Fortunes
- Wishing Tree
- See if your wish for the new year will come true by testing your luck to see if it sticks to the tree!
- Local Artist Ally
This event will be outdoors and inside.
This event is partly supported by the Association of Asian American City Employees (AAACE), the Friends of the Dallas Public Library, and the Dallas Police Department. Without all their help, this event couldn't have taken place!
We can’t wait to see you there!
If you want to be a vendor at this event, please email Jessica at firstname.lastname@example.org
*Times, dates, and prices of any activity posted to our calendars are subject to change. Please be sure to click through directly to the organization’s website to verify.